22 December 2008

Leipzig Stake Choir Christmas Concert in Köthen

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times. Mormons in Leipzig take their music very seriously and it shows (I guess when Bach lived in your city, you have to be like that). This year, we sang in Köthen at the St. Agnus church that Bach attended before he moved to Leipzig. The pastor there announced that he and his family went to Salt Lake this year and were impressed.

I forgot to completely delete my memory card before the concert (Macs don't do that and it bites me in the back sometimes), so only a few videos were done by my camera (yes, you can easily tell which ones). The others were kindly taken by a friend's camera. Sorry the quality isn't that great, but I wanted you to see/hear (oh, and in case you're interested, my head is directly behind the music stand most of the time). Also, I'm guessing on a lot of the English titles:

Du kleines Städtchen Bethlehem (O Little Town of Bethlehem):



Mit Staunen Sahn die Hirten (While Shepherds Watched Their Flock?):




O Heilige Nacht (O Holy Night):



Hört die Engelschöre singen (Hark, the Herald Angels Sing):



Stille Nacht (Silent Night):



Es waren Engel auf den Feldern (Angels We Have Heard on High):



Pachelbel's Canon/Jesus einstens schlicht geboren (Pachelbel's Canon/Jesus, Once of Humble Birth):



Warst du da? (Were you there?)



Welch Kind (Whose Child):




Es ist ein Ros entsprungen (Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming):



I Don't Know What It's Called (Nice Title):



Es waren Hirten bei Bethlehem (There Were Shepherds Near Bethlehem?):




Stern von Bethelehem (John Williams's Star of Bethlehem from Home Alone, quite lovely):



Das Glaube ich (I Believe)/Ave Maria is one of my favorites. Too bad during the best parts of the song, it was too much for my friend's camera. This is one of my favorites!:

0 comments. I love comments!:

Post a Comment