04 October 2012

Wedding Sunglasses

I have to tell you a story.

While looking at the colors I was considering for our wedding, I saw some mint-colored sunglasses online and I couldn't get them out of my head. I thought it would be fun to get a whole bunch of those sunglasses for the wedding party and I and my sister spent hours online looking for cheap mint sunglasses. It seemed like we weren't going to be successful.

Then one day, I was at Ross for some reason and while I was standing in line to get whatever it was I was buying, I saw minty sunglasses! I bought the two pairs they had and asked about calling other stores to see if they had them. Unfortunately, there just weren't enough within a reasonable distance, and the price ($3.99) was more than I was willing to pay for around 30 pairs. I wasn't about to give up, though, so I emailed the company on the tag, Icon Eyewear, and asked if I could get 30 pairs for a good price. To my surprise, I got an answer fairly quickly saying that they don't do retail, but asking what I needed them for. Because I'd heard so many times that as soon as people hear the word "wedding," their prices go up, I was hesitant to answer. But I finally answered with two words: "Wedding party." The man who'd written me back, Jack Woods, told me that he'd see what he could do.

The next day, which was eight days before the wedding, I was in Chinatown looking for cheap sunglasses because a friend had suggested that I just buy a whole bunch and spray-paint them the right color. Right as I was getting up the courage to bargain, I checked my phone one last time, and guess what? I had a new email from Jack Woods of Icon Eyewear. Here's what it said:

With a little persuasion I have convinced the powers that be to do a good deed for the day. Please send me your address and we will ship you 30 pairs on us for your special day.

Best of luck,

Jack
Whoa, what unexpected generosity! I was bursting with joy as I left Chinatown. Jack shipped the sunglasses to my parents' house and they were a fun addition to the usual boring-ness of the dressed-up wedding party.


Thumbs up to mint sunglasses photo emilybrownphotography_MichelleampMike_365_zpsece6c479.jpg

Minty family and friends photo emilybrownphotography_MichelleampMike_369_zpsf547d1e2.jpg

Comparing open lips photo emilybrownphotography_MichelleampMike_376_2_zps53609016.jpg

Open-lip smiles photo emilybrownphotography_MichelleampMike_377_2_zps2e2c4eb5.jpg

Gals with glasses photo emilybrownphotography_MichelleampMike_387_2_zps01f2cc6e.jpg


Thanks again to Jack Woods and Icon Eyewear!