30 August 2011

August's Links to Love

August was a good internet month, eh?

Artsy:


A rolling table made of pallets.

Milk art.

Draw your own headboard.

A card for any occasion.

Day/night photos of New York
.

Split photos of relatives
.

Dribbble, a site for sharing creative web design.

Loveliest small dining room.

Have I already linked to this animated contemporary dancing video? Thought of You.

Just do it dancers:



If I were a shoe crazy, I might use my shoes as home decor. (But I'm not.)

Philadelphia graffiti artists turned mural artists.

Move, Learn, and Eat videos:

MOVE from Rick Mereki on Vimeo.



LEARN from Rick Mereki on Vimeo.



EAT from Rick Mereki on Vimeo.



Exposing the brick wall made all the difference--I would looove to live here.

Can biking be an art? Maybe:




Mormon:


Daughters of Mormonism podcast.


Literary:


Save Edgar Allan Poe's Baltimore house!

Sartalics to indicate sarcasm?

More Dr. Seuss books to be published!

Harry Potter trivia.

Harry Potter-related book ideas.

Backyard Scrabble.

Idiot-proof CAPTCHAs
.


Yes, I Love Technology:


Search for hotels by date on a map (Google Hotel Finder)! Why didn't anyone think of this earlier?

Google Please Hire Me.


Random:


Need to improve your body image? Have a baby.

Put a bird on it:



Heartbreaking video about rape in the Republic of Congo:




Musical squares.

"Lolita" by Throw Me the Statue:



"Lincoln's Great Depression."

3D Printing (thanks to The Graphic Bee):




A politician who takes a tank to demolish problems:



Darling clothing line. (But, as usual, out of my budget.)

Human pinball:



Get a professional hassler to motivate you.

Transfer accelerator, a.k.a. "slide" in a subway station:



Rethink the food label.

Ziploc ice cream.

I first heard this song during a fitness class and thought the use of "Sound of Music" lyrics was brilliant:




I kind of like this clear glass tub.

Planet made of diamonds.

Sayde Price's "Dirt":




Peter Bradley Adams' "The Longer I Run":




Where children sleep.

Crappy laws of parenting
.

The Kid Should See This
collects fabulous videos, like these two:





0 comments. I love comments!:

Post a Comment