08 June 2011

Satisfying, Though Seemingly Worthless, Projects

I put my enormous music, movies, and books lists in spreadsheets showing availability at libraries and online sources.

Then I finally got around to finding album covers for every album in my iTunes (the program was able to find a lot, but I had to manually find about 500 of them).

Finally, I took a whole Saturday to go through my folders and files. I merged file backups and deleted and created files and folders with four or five Finder windows open at a time so I could drag things to where I wanted them.

The number of items in the Trash after the project? 34,000.

Even the pain in my wrists was worth it for the satisfaction of seeing a clean desktop and having an organization process that enables me to know where everything is without having to search.

0 comments. I love comments!:

Post a Comment