26 June 2008

Scala & Kolacny Brothers

Thanks to some German friends who gave me a big variety of music to add to my iTunes and thanks to the random play setting (which, by the way seems to pick Christmas music more often than other music, which bugs me, because I swear the proportions aren't right for that-50 out of 5200?), I've discovered this AMAZING version of The Verve's "Bitter Sweet Symphony." It's done by a choir called Scala and Kolacny Brothers. Here is what Wikipedia says about them:

Scala & Kolacny Brothers is a Belgian girls' choir, conducted by Stijn Kolacny and accompanied by Steven Kolacny on the piano. Formed in 1996 and winning the Belgian 'Choir of the Year'-contest in 2000, they have made 5 studio albums, starting with On The Rocks in 2002.

Most songs are covers of well-known bands such as Radiohead, U2, Nirvana, Depeche Mode, Muse, Rammstein, etc.

The only sample of "Bitter Sweet Symphony" that I could find for you online is here (it's the fourth one up from the bottom, some of the others songs are really cool, like the Apologize/Kelly Clarkson mix). I hope you like it as much as I do!

Here is a video of them doing U2's "With or Without You":



Here is Scala & Kolacny Brothers' home page. They are absolutely brilliant.

0 comments. I love comments!:

Post a Comment