04 August 2007

Craig's List

So I posted my laptop on Craig's List. I've gotten a lot of emails about it, but they all seem to be scams. I've gotten these sob stories about a kid whose mom died and a kid who is in the hospital and how they'll send extra money so I can ship it. Isn't the whole point of Craig's List to sell to a local buyer so you won't have to deal with shipping?

I have replied to these requests, letting the potential buyers know that I'd rather deal locally. One woman responded, "But I said I would send you an extra $100 for shipping." I wanted to respond, "I don't really feel like dealing with all the money issues, figuring out packaging, and walking two or three miles to the post office and back. Unless you're going to send enough extra for me to take a taxi, sorry!"

0 comments. I love comments!:

Post a Comment