11 July 2008

Minute Waltz

As those of you who know me well know, it takes me forever to learn a piece of music, but mostly because I just play it over and over every day and never get around to really thinking about patterns in the music or mistakes I've made. However, I'm a total believer of the idea that if you know one or two impressive songs, people think you're amazing. It's true that I don't have a great touch on the piano and that counting and I don't get a long very well, but I still enjoy the hobby very much.

For the last year and a half or so, I have been working on Chopin's Minute Waltz. It is so fun to play, and I even prided myself on beating the 1:34 that a classical CD of mine times the song at. I never started really working on memorizing until a couple of months ago. After having played it almost every day for so long, it came quite easily once I focused. There are still a few parts I mix up or get my fingers twisted on, but it's coming.

So, when I found this on youtube, I was mesmerized!





If someone can get me the sheet music for the duet part, I will love them forever.

0 comments. I love comments!:

Post a Comment