26 September 2007

Deutsch

There is no way I can think of to describe the satisfaction that comes from whipping together German sentences and hoping that people understand so that I can have real conversations! I have always been so timid before because I was afraid of making mistakes. I finally realized that it's no fun sitting around, I want to get to know people!

Unfortunately, the timidity still rears its ugly head when I'm in official places like the Uni. I've gotta work on that. I just don't even know where to start when they whip out words like "Zulassungsbrief." (P.S. Amy Lawson--I saved this one just for you: "Kinderbetreuungseinrichtungen." As far as I can tell, it's something you try to use in place of parenting, like child care.)

Generally, being less timid is really helping me learn more German. And going to every single Church activity is no hindrance, either.

0 comments. I love comments!:

Post a Comment