16 May 2005

Return of T* and the German Ward

(Transferred from my old blog on 18 August 2008.)

T* got back yesterday. I'm so glad he's back (except that now I have to run to the bus stop instead of drive there). Other times he's been dating girls, they break up with him when they get back from a trip, so he was scared I would do the same! I said, "No, you were the one on the trip. You'll have to wait until I get back from Germany." Haha. We played Settlers with the Cities and Knights extension (this intense game that my sister always wants someone to play with her) and I got all mad because my city got destroyed and I said, "I quit. The game's over. You guys totally won . . ." and on and on and on. Sica called me a brat and then I came back to play and kept my mouth shut so that I wouldn't spew off sarcastic comments. Guess what. I won. I'm such an idiot sometimes. I don't know why I acted like that. Oh well. At least I laughed it off with T* later. Oh! T* wanted to go to the German ward with me. It was so cool! This couple that my dad knows is in charge of the translators, so Tom got a headset so he could hear the meeting in English. However, some of the high council men were there, so they spoke in English, and I took the headset so that I could hear it in German. One of the high council men tried to read a verse in German, and it was hilarious! He didn't know that Ws are Vs in German and that Js are Ys and he said, "Ik" instead of "ich." I know that he was trying, but it was just funny. Then there was this old lady with a headset on, and her hearing aid conflicted with the headset and it started squealing in a very high-pitched dreadfulness. I was giggling in the back and T* was elbowing me. I understood most of the meeting. It was less difficult than I thought, but that might have been just because of the translator. I definitely want to keep going.

0 comments. I love comments!:

Post a Comment