26 March 2008

Jet Lag or Too Cold or Kissing Disease?

What is wrong with me? I have been sleeping a ton and at the strangest times, and when I'm not sleeping, I wish I were. Monday night afternoon I went to bed around 5 and woke up at 1 AM. I kicked around on the internet and then went back to bed at 2. Then I woke up at 8:30. Yesterday I went to bed at 10 and woke up at 7:30. When I got back into bed to read my scriptures (too cold outside), I fell asleep until 11. Today I decided I couldn't take anymore and took a nap at 3:45. I had set the online alarm clock for 5. From 4:30 to 4:59, I struggled to wake up so I could climb down my bed and turn off the alarm. I finally succeeded at the last minute and headed right back up into the bed where I stayed until 8:30. Now what am I supposed to do?

I think there are three possible diagnoses:

1. I never got over my jet lag because I was at the YSA Easter Convention for the last five days, getting five or six hours of sleep per night.
2. It's so cold in my room that the only place I'm really warm is in bed. Maybe this diagnosis should be altered to be called hypothermic bed love. But then wouldn't I start feeling warm at some point before I got into bed? Today I wore two pairs of socks, a pair of shoes, thermals, cords, fleece pants, an undershirt, a turtleneck, a sweater, a sweater, and a pink scarf wrapped around my head and my nose like a new convert to the Islam religion. I was still cold. I would have sported my mismatched gloves, but then I couldn't type so well. I've got to figure out somewhere else to go during the day or how to get my computer cord to reach up to my high bed.
3. Mono finally occurred to me as I awoke tonight and wondered what time it was. I tried to think what symptoms mono had. Wasn't there something about a sore throat? I've had a sore throat on and off for the past month and a half. A quick look at Wikipedia confirmed my suspicion. Don't you go thinking it has anything to do with me kissing anyone, however. That is not even a possibility.

Take your vote and remember that I am a bit of a hypochondriac.

Update: I thought of another one. 4. Lack of iron anything good in my diet. I haven't yet been shopping, I've been living off Nutella and rolls and chocolate pudding and water since the convention ended.

5 comments:

  1. Here's an idea: turn your heat on. Some things just aren't worth being cheap about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three-pointer, Amy! A little warmth and some good food in your belly could make all the difference in the world. Try those things before you go hopping off to a doctor! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some things are worth being cheap about when you aren't allowed to make very much money and you hope to be able to pay for food at least until you die. Mom: I wouldn't go hopping off to a doctor anyway. As far as I know, it's kind of pointless with mono because they can't do anything. Plus, that would just mean paying more money. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's the overdoses of nutella. John thinks that it is lack of sleep and a good diet. . .or giggidy-winkie-face (I'm not sure what that last one means). . .oh! ;) (there we go).

    ReplyDelete