17 March 2008

Chi-Town

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I celebrated by dyeing the Chicago River green! Yes, I'm wearing green in this picture, it's just hidden by my coat.














This is Scott and I waiting for the "El." I made him wear that green shirt.














This is what the houses look like in Chicago.














Isn't Chicago nice? They even provide fire to keep the homeless pigeons warm.















The Lincoln Building is so cool--it has rocks from all over the world. I had to walk around the building twice, but I found the coolest one.














I really enjoyed downtown. Chicago has its own personality that I think is more enjoyable than New York. I told Scott that Chicago is funky, Boston is classy, and New York is big and dirty. He contended that Chicago is better than New York and Boston combined, but I beg to differ. Boston still wins in my mind, but I at least know that Chicago would be an enjoyable place to live. I love that there are some more open spaces so seeing the buildings is easier.














This one made me do a double-take. It's for the First United Methodist Church. There are only a few Christian churches that still have temples like in Christ's day. Luckily we know what's supposed to go on in there.














I couldn't decide which version I liked better. Notice the nature vs. man-made theme.















This is a cool art installment. These two faces (the people change) stare at each other and sometimes water comes out of their mouths (not now, it's too cold).

















This is the Jay Pritzker pavilion, designed by Frank Gehry. SO COOL.















Scott and I being reflected in The Bean.














What lawn? Is there even grass in this area?












Dancing Scott:




We had fun looking at the enormous shoes at Nordstrom Rack. Scott's shoe fit inside of them.


0 comments. I love comments!:

Post a Comment