05 July 2007

Patriotic Dad

On my dad's side of the family, there is a family who obviously enjoyed the freedoms given to them as Americans: throughout a few generations, there are kids named named Alexander Hamilton Betzer, George Washington Betzer, and America Betzer (who went by Micky).
I think my patriotic spirit comes from the example set by my dad. He has always loved American history, patriotic songs, and the American flag. I can remember when he set about making a slide show to go with America the Beautiful. He wanted a flag to be in every setting described in the song. It really turned out quite nice. My love for the Star-Spangled Banner came from him. We are two of few Americans who can claim to know more than one verse.

This picture may be creepy, but you get the point . . .

0 comments. I love comments!:

Post a Comment