04 July 2007

Help, help, help!

Guess who finally started to consider Heidelberg, on the day they want an answer? After one unsuccessful call and email too many, I started wondering if I should just go to Heidelberg after all. Help! I can't decide! Here are the pros and cons:


Leipzig
There is no tuition. Free education!
The city does not sound all that great.
The German accent there is crazy.
No one seems to want me there as I have not received answers to my questions!
Leipzig is where I've wanted to go for a while.


Heidelberg
The city sounds amazing! It is artsy, green, historic, close to Frankfurt, and a good size.
It worries me that the Master's program is only one year. How much will I learn and will I be able to be accepted for a doctorate program somewhere?
Tuition is not free. I would use most of my savings just on tuition.
Heidelberg is in Baden-Württemberg, meaning it is possible to get a really good scholarship.
Paul's sister is moving to Heidelberg, so the likelihood of being visited is better and I will be able to spend some time with them. (Maybe they need a live-in nanny?)


Help, help, help!

0 comments. I love comments!:

Post a Comment