22 September 2007

Fussball!

Heute habe ich Fussball gespielt. Today I played football/soccer. You'd think after being a homeless tourist for the last month that I would have remembered to take pictures. I didn't play as well as I did while I was in England, but I did get a nice gash (sorry, the pictures of the gash didn't work out) and a few goals thanks to Elder Smith's assists. The native Germans were really good, but I think they were impressed with my speed and that I wasn't afraid to approach one of them when they had the ball. The sisters and elders played too. I had a whole beach in my shoes; we were covered in dirt, insects were buzzing around us, and the plants on the side of the field were stinging nettles (luckily the Irish sister knew which plant to use as against hives), but we had a ton of fun anyway--for two hours! I can't wait to play again next week. I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to find people to play football with, and here they are! The sisters told me about a good thrift shop and asked if I would come to a teaching appointment tonight, so I'm looking forward to that.

0 comments. I love comments!:

Post a Comment