11 April 2007

RealAge the RealWay

You know, that RealAge test never asks, "Do you eat abnormally large amounts of ice cream, Reese's peanut butter cups, mint candies, girl scout cookies, candy bars, toaster strudels, peanut butter M&Ms and other potentially harmful foods?"

It did, however, tell me to eat more of other things, but I think if I ate all that is required, my bladder would explode (guess the movie, win points). What I had today was fairly normal: a bowl of cereal for breakfast and the last few bites of boysenberry pie, a piece of bread with pizza sauce and provolone on it for lunch, and a bowl of mom's soup that redeemed all the nasty vegetables her sisters brought over. I feel just fine with having that much.

Well, actually, for those of you who haven't heard my theory about me and eating, here it is: I think college ruined my recognition of hunger. I didn't have time to eat breakfast or make a lunch in the morning, I went to school all day and worked in the afternoon and evening, so I ate a big meal when I got home late at night. I don't know when I'm hungry. I'm pretty much always ready to eat if food is put in front of me, but that doesn't mean I will eat, because I find other things too important. Like working. So maybe I am hungry, I just don't know it.

I wonder if I started eating those prescribed things if I really would have more energy. With more iron, certainly. But you don't just say, "I need leafy green vegetables. Let me take a bite of this broccoli tree." At least I don't. But I'm not a fan of eating things like leaves. "Leave the leaves on the trees!" I say.

I promised Bryce I would shorten my blog entries, so here you go.

1 comment: