19 July 2013

Goodbye, Get Satisfaction



Working at Get Satisfaction photo 2013-06-19102652_zpsffe8d59f.jpg
At my second home at Get Satisfaction with Casey, CEO Wendy Lea's dog.

As of 3:30 PM today, I no longer work at Get Satisfaction.

I have mixed feelings about that. I'm excited for where life is leading (Shanghai!) and the chances to try working with some other technologies (if I can get my foot in the door at another tech company). Heck, I'm even excited to sleep a little more for the next few weeks and work on some projects that I want to work on, but it's also sad because the Get Satisfaction team so great, the location is ideal (about 20 minutes of biking), hacking away at HTML, CSS, JavaScript/jQuery is fun and challenging, stable income is amazingly good for your mental health, and being able to interact with other people's dogs makes me happy. Up until the very last moment, I was using the word "we" to refer to Get Satisfaction, and I'm not sure I can kick that habit quickly. It's hard to let go of projects I had my hands deep in--so hard, in fact, that I extended a week to get some more projects completed.

I'm grateful for what I've learned and the connections I've made. Yay for Get Satisfaction!

0 comments. I love comments!:

Post a Comment