31 October 2011

October's Links to Love

Artsy:

Well-timed photos
.

Creative breakfast lecture series.

Look for subtle movement in these cinemagraphs.

I never knew science could be so artsy:

Whale Fall (after life of a whale) from Sharon Shattuck on Vimeo.



Mini book jewelry.

Dam.

Cheese or font?

Words as image:



Quiz: telling Arial and Helvetica apart (I only got 3 wrong, yay!).

We need more of this kind of dancing:



Can you do this with stills?:

Landscapes: Volume Two from Dustin Farrell on Vimeo.

Minimalist fairytale posters.

Beauty of dance:

Danse(s) from Sosh on Vimeo.



How well can you kern?

Emotional revolution of typography.


Literary:

Small Demons, connecting stories for literature buffs.

Insult like Shakespeare.

Cliffnotes meets Twitter meets book club
.

Haiku for the single girl:

Haiku For The Single Girl from Dan Meth on Vimeo.

Fake English:




Mormon:

Funny reasons why Mormonism is not a cult.

Steve Young birthday flash mob:




Yes, I Love Technology:

Wouldn't you rather text business with your questions? (Y'all know I'm not a fan of phone calls.) TalkTo:

Stash stuff you find online at Pistashio.

See what happens when you scan your barcodes.

Meaningful conversations at Roundtable.

Finally, Apple's going to work on their map technology
.

Prescreen: Indie movies online.

Meet Gatsby: meet nearby people based on shared interests.

Panoramic ball camera (don't drop it!):



Integrating technology and education at Imagination.

Employees and potential employees using Twitter to sway businesses
.

Using social media to gang up on Bank of America.

Play with the history of Google Earth.

Google's 3D Amazon.

How to conduct personal networking in a new city.

Freecycle for your computer files! Bwa ha ha:



QR code for your roof (satellite usage).

Mix tapes and Hallmark turned QR code cards:

Playlist Cards from Stupid on Vimeo.

Shoebox: photographing memories:



YouTube insult generator (seriously, though, what is it with YouTube comments?).

Adidas online fun
.


Random:

Subscribe to receive mailed packages from influential people.

Apparently I have 22 slaves working for me. (I was shocked at the amount of clothes the site assumed I had!)

A candle to take care of your smell-the-newspaper needs.

If I actually had health insurance, I would use Cake Health to help me figure it all out.

Slow-motion, flying dogs with laser lights:



A German advertiser records his parents' reactions to the latest ad technologies.

Touchscreen gloves that won't leave your fingers cold.

Soapy fruit stickers.

Punjammies look divine.

I've often said that if I had a lot of money, I'd donate trees to cities. I like the look. But the "calmed traffic" of complete streets? I don't know if I want people to drive even slower.

Along the same lines, obligatory green roofs.

Cobra Weave Exploding Stick Bomb:



And, happy Halloween--photos of people in a haunted house!

Oops. House sold with corpse inside.

Patagonia and eBay get together
.

Peel garlic easily:

How to Peel a Head of Garlic in Less Than 10 Seconds from SAVEUR.com on Vimeo.



Shopping guide to live by.

A sister's eulogy for Steve Jobs
.

0 comments. I love comments!:

Post a Comment