23 September 2010

Your Footprint

I just took this human footprint quiz. Twice. First, I entered the typical answers for my time living in the U.S. Then, I entered in answers about how I live in Germany. Although Americans are obviously going to lose here, keep in mind that if I had lived on my own in the U.S., I could have been making different decisions about my footprint, whereas living with parents means that their footprint is yours.

My American footprint (living at home): if everyone in the world lived this way, we would need 4.6 planets and I would personally need 20.6 acres to take care of me.

My German footprint: if everyone in the world lived this way, we would need 2 planets and I would personally need 9 acres.

Take the quiz
. And see what you can improve on.

0 comments. I love comments!:

Post a Comment