30 October 2008

Back from Riga!

I got back from my trip to Riga. It was great! I can't wait to tell my story through pictures, but my internet connection decided it can wait longer than is humanly possible . . . here's one at least.

So just know that Riga is beautiful (though it was surprisingly not very different-looking than Germany except outside of the city), the members are fabulous (I miss them already), and the food tastes great. Oh, and you want to know about Jeff too? He is a stud. His language skills are great, he's matured a lot in the Gospel, he's very polite and funny, and the people there practically worship him. They went on and on and a few said I had to tell my mom about how he's the cream of the crop.

And for those of you who have been asking about the symposium I'll be presenting at, it's called "The Problem of Sources and Women's Memory" at the Women's Library and Information Center in Istanbul, Turkey. The Women's Library is the first and only of its kind in Turkey. I'll basically be presenting the same subject as my Master's thesis, which is good for getting me started on writing!

0 comments. I love comments!:

Post a Comment