15 November 2007

NPR

I love NPR. Who would have thought? I added NPR's blog to my Google Reader list a few weeks ago, and I ignored it until today. The only thing that got me to look at it was that there were a huge number of unread posts and I wanted to get rid of that number. What I discovered was fascinating. They have short snippets of really interesting news. I still don't think I'm a fan of talk radio; reading is much faster.

Did you know "only a small majority" of blacks want to be thought of as part of a separate group and that they don't feel like they're in a better position now than they were five years ago?

Did you know clotheslines are banned in areas of America? I wonder why.

Did you know that people think that business schools are now turning out people obsessed with making money instead of being successful leaders?

Did you hear that same lady saw a hummingbird that had come too far north, some people caught it, and now they think that it's good that it's in a zoo?

Did you know there's a dude who wrote a book about being able to tell where different oysters come from when you eat them?

I encourage you to sign up for the feed: http://www.npr.org/rss/

0 comments. I love comments!:

Post a Comment