02 November 2007

Michelle=Mulan

Three students and I got together last night to eat a Halloween cake. Lisa was nice enough to make the cake, but she told us how surprised she was to find out how much butter an American cake took. She had to go to the store twice. I just smiled and said, "I'm American." We had some nice herbal tea with the cake. Evva joked that they had all these tea sets because Lisa "is a grandma." I thought it was all fine and dandy until I pulled a Mulan. My tea cup and plate thingy were on the plate where the cake was supposed to go, and Lisa had already cut the piece and was bringing it in my direction. I went to make room for the cake and ended up clumsily clattering the tea cup and spilling tea everywhere. Wow. It was so dumb, and the first thing I thought of was Mulan when she's trying to impress the matchmaker. Sign me up for the next war.

1 comment:

  1. Sing along: Be a man! (You must be swift as the coursing river.)
    Be a man!
    (With all the force of a great typhoon.)
    Be a man!
    (With all the strength of a raging fire
    Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.)

    Hope that's stuck in your head all day!

    ReplyDelete