11 July 2007

Alphabet

Today I was thinking, why didn't someone regulate all the letters of the alphabet? Many of you know that I love things that stick to rules, such as entire books without a single misplaced apostrophe. I think the names of each consonant should end with the "ee" sound, the way a lot of them do already. Vowels don't count, because it's their ending that makes them unique. It would be so much easier. Of course, a few of the letters run into difficulties with this system, such as with "C" and "S." So, here's Michelle's version of the alphabet (phonetically, watch for the diphthongs):

EH, BEE, CHEE, DEE, EE, FEE, GEE, HEE, AI, JEE, KEE, LEE, MEE, NEE, O, PEE, QUEE, REE, SEE, TEE, YU, VEE, WEE, XEE, YEE, ZEE.

3 comments:

  1. HOLY COW!!! I've always thought the same thing! Great minds think alike, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not only glad to hear that we think alike, but it's always comforting to get comments and realize some people are still reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...I'm still reading...anxiously awaiting your adventures in Germany!

    ReplyDelete