05 August 2005

Central Europe Mormon Ball

(Transferred from my old blog on 18 August 2008.)

I still have no idea what I'm going to be doing this fall. I really want to work in Germany or Switzerland teaching English, but it might be too expensive to save up for a mission. Hmm. Plus, I've got a boyfriend in Salt Lake now. I guess that shouldn't be too big of a reason, but anyway . . . he is so funny! A week ago we were talking and I complimented him on something and it was so funny. He didn't say anything, and so finally I said, "What do you think about that?" I've made fun of him ever since, because he said, "It gives me this sort of . . . cocky . . feeling." The way he said it was just hilarious, stressing the "cocky." He kind of is cocky in some ways, but right now it's just endearing. Well, I don't know about cocky, but he's kind of like this boy I knew in high school? They're unaware of things going on around them, they're just lax but confident. I used to think the kid in high school was ditsy, but that's not the right word. It's more like just unaware of what's going on.

This week I bought some of my favorite movies in German (I still have to find Mulan) and on Monday Kaycie, Travis, Matt, and I went up to Friedrichsort for the meeting that started off Central Europe Mormon Week. Elder Perry and his wife were there and spoke. Afterwards, I wanted to shake his hand, but he went down the aisle and I didn't get to. Since we weren't staying the whole week, we left early. We were standing next to the bathroom waiting for Kaycie, and Elder Perry and his wife came by. Matt was holding this gigantic thing of juice, and Elder Perry said, "What are you gonna do with all that?" Matt said, "Drink it." Then Elder Perry reached out and shook my hand and Matt's hand and Travis's hand, and Sister Perry asked where we were from, what we were doing in Germany, and how we liked it. Wow!

Anyway, I went to the Central Europe ball for Mormons last night. Wow! There were more than 900 people there, and probably 97 percent of them were beautiful! Europeans are just beautiful and stylish. Wow! I love that. The cool thing is, I'd always wondered if I wore a shirt under a strappy dress if that would be really dorky. Well, many of the girls did that last night, but they made it look GOOD! They were nice shirts that just totally set off the dresses just right. They had scarves and gloves and ties around their waists and it was amazing. It was held in what is called the "Color Line," a terminal for cruise ships. So, it was a big glass building on the ocean, and there was a cool band, and I am so jealous of Europeans! They do this dance (they all know it) and it's like our slow dance except for any song (it's faster). They kind of do two shuffles forward and move their clasped hands to the beat and it's just so cool. I suck at dancing. Matt wanted to do all these fancy things and I just kept stepping on his toes. This friend of mine here named Kaycie almost completely won over this German kid (in only a few weeks - we found out that smiling at someone across the table a few nights in a row is like four months of flirting here), but then his ex was at the convention and decided that she wanted to get back together with him. The funny thing is, the night before, Kaycie had talked to him on the beach for two hours and she went to hold his hand and he said, "I would love nothing more than to hold your hand right now, but I feel like I can't until I decide what to do about Kaya." Then, at the dance and dinner, Kaycie was with him for like three hours until suddenly Kaya came up and said something about he couldn't dance with her the whole night. Poor Kaycie. I wonder what he's going to decide. Oh, by the way, his name is CORNY. Ha ha. Short for Cornelius. He's so nice. I think he knows it's not logical to go for Kaycie when she lives in Utah, but he fell for her pretty fast. Anyway, I've got to write a 20 page paper so that I can graduate in seven days and go pack for Switzerland, my home sweet home!

0 comments. I love comments!:

Post a Comment