06 April 2005

Operation Dump the Chump: April Fools

(Transferred from my old blog on 18 August 2008.)

Tom told me like a month ago that his favorite holiday was April Fool's Day. I didn't think anything of it until Friday, the actual day, when I was thinking about the date we'd had the night before. Then I had a grand idea. I called him up, but he didn't answer his phone. I kept wussing out, but finally I left this message: "Hey Tom, this is Michelle. I want you to know that I had a really great time last night, but . . . I just don't think that we can go out again. Uh, I'm sorry. Bye . . . . . . . . . . . . . . HA! April Fool's! Call me when you get this!" Then I got a text message that said this: "Sorry I sent a text message but I've been at Davis Hospital with my brother who was injured in football practice today. I will call later. Tom." At first, I thought, "Oh sad!" Then I thought, "WhatEVer! Football practice in the spring?" Well, I waited, and sure enough, I got another text that said, "April fools! Don't be mad I will pay for the text messages. It was worth every penny." I still think that mine was a lot better. He told me later that he sunk down in his seat while he was listening to my message and he thought, "Oh man! I thought it went pretty well."

0 comments. I love comments!:

Post a Comment