29 December 2004

Christmas

(Transferred from my old blog on 18 August 2008.)

The thing that made Christmas memorable this year was that I painted three of my gifts: Amy's, Mike's, and Jeff's. I found a photo of Prague's skyline with a cathedral and a beautiful sunset that I re-captured in acrylics and watercolors for Mike. I decided the best thing that Jeff would like would have to do with wrestling, so I found a photograph of him wrestling and painted it. Then I wanted to do something extra-special for Amy since she has helped me so much this semester. I painted, or tried to paint, Christ. It didn't turn out as well as I would have liked, but someday I will be able to paint a better one. I told her to squint, and she said she'd hang it up high. At least she and Paul could tell what it is supposed to be. I wanted to show someone the painting I did for Jeff, and he had already put it on his wall. He loved it. What made me even more happy was that he even took a picture of it and set it as the background on the computer. Wow! I was so happy that he really liked it after I spent so much time on it! This year at the Glauser family Christmas Eve party, Grandpa had me play the piano. It went really well. I proved to him that I did already know the songs. Grandpa had me stop for a moment so that Grandma could "say a few words". He kept asking her if she could say, "Merry Christmas", and she would nod, but she couldn't say anything. That made all of us a little sad, but we were glad to at least have her with us.

1 comment:

  1. (Transferred from my old blog on 18 August 2008.)

    from Danny Bassette:

    December 29, 2004 20:53:00
    Painting for presents, I'm liking that idea

    ReplyDelete