14 December 2004

20th Century Art History Final

(Transferred from my old blog on 18 August 2008.)

My final yesterday was awesome. I studied a bit with Tanya, but the first time her friend was there, so we kept getting distracted. The second time it was in the morning before the final, so it at least helped us to wake up so we could study together on time. We ended up writing our papers in the same room, but not really studying much. I memorized all of the artworks, and she still needed to, so I drove so she could study, but she just ended up drilling me while I drove. It sounds like she still remembered the works, (all except for one). I didn't forget one of the titles, artists, or years! Sweet! The hard part was discussing the abstract works, like some smears of yellow, blue, orange, and green called "Vase" by Gerhard Richter, 1984. On the last part he told us to discuss something we haven't written about this semester, so I pretty much wrote a report about one of the artists (Yves Klein - a Nouveau Realist). (Not much came to mind when he said the topic was open.) Tanya was mad because she decided to write about this artist who did some really nasty stuff that shouldn't be considered art, and all she ended up doing was ranting about how mad she was that we had to be put through that. (I was mad, and I didn't even watch.) I think that final will boost my grade to an A-. Sweet. I hope so.

1 comment:

  1. (Transferred from my old blog on 18 August 2008.)

    from Danny Bassette:

    December 14, 2004 15:53:24
    Good for you, I hope you get an A as well.

    ReplyDelete